Writing Lisp Code is Easy
- However good Lisp programming is hard according to Richard P. Gabriel.
Lisp is extremely hackable
- It’s easy to create a Lisp Language
- It’s Easy to Make a Lisp Language Domain Specific
- Writing a parser and compiler for Lisp is way claner than other languages
Emacs is configured with Lisp
Lisp Helps Me with My Programmatic Thinking
- Once you know Lisp you think of programming in a very different way.
Lisp has heavy ties to Functional Programming
- My interested in mathematics has motivated my interest in functional programming.
- A lot of functional programming ideas implemented in other programming languages started in Lisp.
- A lot of academic computer science work uses Lisp.
Common Lisp’s Object-Oriented System is Great
Development of programs in Lisp advance faster then in other languages
Its easy to build a prototype of an idea in Lisp.
Many programms have started as Emacs packages.
The discretionary exportable functionality entrusted to the individual Lisp programmer is more than an order of magnitude greater than that to be found within Pascal enterprises. - Alan J. Perlis
Development of programs in Lisp proceeds somewhere between 1000 and 5000 times faster then development in “modern” or “improved” computer languages. - Douglas Lenat Lex Fridman Podcast
You can hire fewer people, by 80%, by developing in Lisp. - Eric Normand
You don’t need a lot of dependencies to get your project off in Lisp